Ever since you were young, you wanted to learn how to drive. Most of your family members know how and you think that it’s just right that you should be capable of driving, too. You also don’t like your dad or any family members to be driving you around every time you need to go somewhere. Aside from this can be a hassle for others, you also wouldn’t want your friends to see you having your parent every time you go somewhere. It’s because of these reasons that you decided to hire yourself a driving school – you want to learn how to drive so you can freely go wherever you want, without another person’s supervision.
Well, first off, congratulations for taking this big step.You’re now ready to become a more independent individual by driving alone. But aside from the obvious reason why you hired a driving school in the first place, you should know that driving school is a great step for you because:
1. You’re learning more efficiently: When you’ll have a family member teach you how to drive, you tend to become too complacent (admit it). You’re practically being taught by someone close to you so most of the time, you think that it’s okay for the lessons to last for more than three hours a day and it’s okay to goof around while you’re practicing how to drive.
● However, this kind of scenario wouldn’t happen once you hire a driving school. Because you’re being taught by a professional instructor, you’ll tend to become more prim and proper during lessons.
● And since these instructors are catering to many students like you, so you’ll be more cautious of the time spent. You’ll be learning at a quicker pace, without disrupting your other schedules.
2. You’ll experience increased learning: The people handling you during your driving lessons are professionals, they are the best persons to ask whenever you have questions about how driving fines work and all other things related to driving.
● They’ll teach you everything you need to know when driving and they wouldn’t move on to a new lesson if you weren’t able to fully grasp the previous lessons. Sure, your friends or family members might know all of these things, but for sure, there are limitations to what they can teach you. You wouldn’t want to be driving around having insufficient knowledge about street signs 101, right?
3. You’ll be more confident: Since you’re learning from the experts, you’ll be more confident in driving. You’ll be able to know the best decisions to take whenever you’re faced with problems pertaining to your driving.
● For example, imagine yourself being involved in a car accident and the other party is suing you for damages on his vehicle.
● If you know that the other party was at fault as he was not able to follow street signs, you’ll be more confident (and knowledgeable) in telling your side of the story so you’ll not end up paying for damages you didn’t do. But if you were not taught with this kind of information, will you be able to stand your ground confidently? Most probably not.
4. You’ll avoid memory loss: There are a lot of things taught to you throughout the entire duration of your driving lessons. And you need to retain all of this information because if not, all of your effort and time spent will be wasted.
● Your memory will improve once you start driving school because even if you’re guided by a professional, you’re expected to retain all of the information fed to you. Your safety is at risk whenever you’re behind the wheel so your memory will be crucial in this process.
5. You’ll have more focus: You’ll be hiring a driving school for a limited time only. Once you understand that you’re only taking driving lessons within a certain timeframe, you’ll be more focused on what you’re doing and you don’t want your focus to be disturbed.
● You would want to understand everything that has been taught to you because you don’t have the luxury of time. You, as a student, will also be provided with appropriate structures and modules so your focus during the driving lessons are at a 100%.
Now that you’ve read everything presented in this article, you’re probably very excited to start your driving lessons right away! As you can see, hiring a driving school can not only teach you how to drive, but it can bring a lot of benefits to your life in the long run. Once you completed your driving school lessons, you’ll be surprised to know more than just about driving! We hope this article from Street Wise Driving was fun to read.
Kindly supplied by John Turner – Australia
John is a driving instructor and has been teaching people how to drive for the last 20 years. When he’s not training people to drive, he’s working hard writing about is passion for Street Wise Driving. In his spare time, he loves spending time with his family.